Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One-Handed Amplitude Challenge by SorryAboutYourCats! (PSN Prizes)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored just shy of 1,700 on Expert. No vid, though, still practicing this. Also, I have to figure out how to get the controller and the gameplay on the same vid.

Random question, but does our other hand have to be off of the controller, or can we still hold it with both hands while only pressing buttons on one hand?

Comment

Finally got the video up. That took way too long to do lol. But now I know the settings I need to use to get any future vids done quicker.

ANYWAY, here are a few fails.
      I had been trying to get my mind around the one handed gameplay for somewhere around an hour... yeah no thanks.
      I have tendinitis in my left wrist and the only comfortable one handed control scheme (without messing with the PS4 settings) is the default One Handed, which is geared towards Left handed individuals, which in turn aggravates my tendinitis :/
      Oh well. Enjoy my fails and get a good laugh at my scores lol.

My best run while using the One handed set up is in this vid though. I made it to 75% lol. Whooo.

{please ignore the related videos. I hate that I can't turn that off.}

Last edited by SpikeStarkey; 01-21-2016, 08:59 AM.
      ♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪
      ♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪
      ♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪
      HrM0nXRokks

Comment

Subtenko
        If anyone gets on the top three while multitasking, whether it be eating, washing the dishes or petting their cat, they will receive a bonus.
        (Super bonus for eating a taco without a mess.)

TUSMBOX
        Sorry about the lack of clarity on that matter - your other hand has to be away and cannot touch the controller. =P
        In terms of recording both - do you own the PS4 webcam, cell phone or camera?
        As long as one unedited video feed shows your controller (with light bar), hand & gameplay - you should be set.

SpikeStarkey
        Oh man - I will watch this after work!
        I'll try to hook you up with something for the effort anyway; I'll let you know when I check it out. =D

Comment

• SpikeStarkey
          SpikeStarkey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, but don't worry about my effort lol. I was doing this for the fun of it. There is no way I was even going to place, especially after seeing the high scores everyone else gets on the forums.

Besides, with the way I had the camera (I was sitting behind it) I had both hands on the controller. (Right hand held it up while left pressed all buttons) {you'll see in the vid.} DISQUALIFIED lol.

It was fun to try though. Maybe next time.

SpikeStarkey
        Well that was entertaining! Though I am curious why you opted not to use the right side.
        Just so I can put you in the mix - try playing on Advanced! =]

Comment

• SpikeStarkey
          SpikeStarkey commented
          Editing a comment
          I did, But I couldn't get my head around it. Playing on the right felt weird, but on the left it felt more natural. (as you could see in my spectacular playing, lol)

• Resetti
          Resetti commented
          Editing a comment
          You're playing way better than me! I can barely pass Phantoms on Normal!

SpikeStarkey
        Yeah it's definitely tricky; I suppose I'm just used to doing these silly challenges I conjure out of nowhere - like Dark Souls with a steering wheel.

Resetti
        Well damn - if it's too hard and we obtain no entries, I suppose I'll spend the PSN card on this.

Comment

• XdeathSRK
          XdeathSRK commented
          Editing a comment
          You aren't alone on the weird challenge front, I did Street Fighter with a dance pad. =P

Fun fact, if you play Time Crisis you can actually make the dance pad mimic the pedal from the arcade machine. It's neat.

• SorryAboutYourCats
          SorryAboutYourCats commented
          Editing a comment
          Resetti, we can play the Barbie game together!

Mr. Death - DDR with Street Fighter? lol - something like that's been on my list for ever. [Mortal Kombat 2 for SNES!]
          It's always so much fun with silly input devices eh? =D

• XdeathSRK
          XdeathSRK commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't exactly call it practical Mr. Cats, but I guess that's the point right? =P

Mortal Kombat 2 would probably be quite a bit easier actually since you can just get away with mashing punches quite a bit. Until Kintaro and Shao Kahn anyway...

I was playing Alpha 3 lol. Let's just say doing double hadouken motions and hitting an attack button for a super is a tad difficult. =P

A thought just hit me: shmups. That would actually be pretty doable as long as it isn't bullet hell craziness. I'd do it right now, but my PS2->USB converter is too out of date.

Apparantly somebody beat Dark Souls with a Rock Band guitar. I saw it while watching the Dark Souls Honest Game Trailer. 0_0

1336 with cheesesteak...it aint pretty

Comment

So, my submission for this is 1720 on Expert, while recording the video myself. It's not the best view, and there's some background noise, but this should suffice,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5R7QveGP4g

Comment

• SpikeStarkey
            SpikeStarkey commented
            Editing a comment
            - 100pts for not using Landscape mode to video tape.
            - 100pts for using that multiplier in the wrong place
            - 1000pts for not being able to change Jade(?) at the same time. +2000 if you could do it though, cause it would be amazing lol.

Sarcasm aside, nice run. You see SAYC? This is why I'm not worried about entering lol.

• TUSMBOX
            TUSMBOX commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I really don't know why I didn't use landscape to record, when I normally do. I have time to improve, so I'll remember this for the future.

And, if Jade didn't move around so much during a diaper change, I may be able to make that happen. But alas, she does not sit still, so that task is basically impossible.

941 synthesized

Comment

• Resetti
            Resetti commented
            Editing a comment
            Wrong! LOL!

I'll give it a shot if I remember to record a video, but oh man, this is gonna hurt my hand.

Comment

• SorryAboutYourCats
            Editing a comment
            Drinking usually helps..

• Subtenko
            Subtenko commented
            Editing a comment
            if ressit akes all user names yellow he needs to put a background under the comment replys

I must say - that is one kick ass banner.

Comment

• Peachio
            Peachio commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! and Thank YOU for the insane challenge.
            I have my video, but since the internet is terrible, I probably won't upload it until tonight. I did whore-able. I definitely couldn't do expert. I failed miserably, but the whole experience was similar to the day I first played FreQ. I was forced to play on beginner to actually learn how to do it, and I recorded that. I've moved on to Intermediate now but I still have some time to make it to expert. XD

• SorryAboutYourCats
            Editing a comment
            I am awaiting your Expert video Peachy; and more funky banners. =D

Hello everybody! My name is Kicaken.
          This is my first post on forum

So, the challenge is very fun and difficulty for me, but im try and this is my video:
          Controls: Right Dominant

Recorded from OBS (LGP Lite + HD Camera)

P.S Almost im beat my highscore on Expert Two-Handed .

Comment

• SorryAboutYourCats
            Editing a comment
            Well funk, good job!!

• Resetti
            Resetti commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are you from Kicaken?

• Kicaken
            Kicaken commented
            Editing a comment
            Resetti From Poland

Challenge Accepted. Where can I see the people who have the highest scores so far?

Comment

• TUSMBOX
            TUSMBOX commented
            Editing a comment
            There's no leaderboard (yet), but Kicaken has the highest score so far.

Also, welcome.

• Discomatt
            Discomatt commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh alright, thanks!

• Resetti
            Resetti commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome Discomatt!!

Here is my attempt at the one handed challenge - 2889
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=837ZRxQO-TM - the run starts at 3:54 since I was broadcasting

Comment

• Subtenko
            Subtenko commented
            Editing a comment
            mf, *points fast* i'll deal with you.

• Discomatt
            Discomatt commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL Love you too :*

• Kicaken
            Kicaken commented
            Editing a comment
            Woohooo. Nice job so I need to bet my highscore. Challenge accepted

Things are starting to heat up!!

Comment

I Bet my score. Now is 2274 on Expert (https://youtu.be/Xob66Z_cuwc start about 1:50). That's all for today.
            For Fun im also played in Super where the score is about ~2600

Comment

• TUSMBOX
              TUSMBOX commented
              Editing a comment
              You can use Super difficulty for this challenge if you wish.

• Kicaken
              Kicaken commented
              Editing a comment
              oh, okay. Thanks
          Working...
          X